You’ll feel right at home at NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital
Nursing is a rewarding profession and nowhere is that more evident than at NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital. Our Magnet accredited nursing program encourages our nurses to be leaders. NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital offers competitive salaries and benefits, but more importantly, it offers the opportunity to become part of the one of the most professional nursing teams in the region. Our nurses believe in the power of education, with two-thirds possessing advanced degrees and nearly half achieving certification in their specialty area, above the national average.
Our nurses thrive here. For example, seven nurses received the honor of being nominated to Hudson Valley Magazine’s 2016 issue on Nursing Excellence, and two were finalists for the magazine’s “Top Nurse” award: Eileen Donatelli, RN, BSN, WCC, CHRN, Coordinator of the Institute for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine, and Gemma Martini-Mahon, RN, CEN of the hospital’s Emergency Department.
NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital is listed as one of the best places to work in Westchester County by Westchester Magazine, a prestigious publication in our area, and the first ever in the region to achieve the Magnet designation, the highest and most prestigious credential a health care organization can achieve for nursing excellence and quality patient care. In the past year, the hospital has been recognized by the most prestigious national and regional accreditation organizations, including The Joint Commission, which named NYP/Hudson Valley Hospital as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2015. For the second year in a row, Press Ganey recognized the hospital’s Ambulatory Surgery Team with the Guardian of Excellence Award for improving the patient experience year over year. A New York State- designated stroke center, NYP/Hudson Valley Hospital also achieved the highest possible designation from the American Heart Association for stroke care: the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for both 2015 and 2016. Additionally, NYP/Hudson Valley Hospital is a redesignated NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) facility with “Exemplar” status, a coveted recognition from the Hartford Institute for Geriatric Nursing at New York University College of Nursing. As a complement to our NICHE designation, our nurses also implemented the American Orthopaedic Association’s Own the Bone® Program, to better identify, evaluate and treat patients who suffer from osteoporosis or low bone density-related fractures.
Here’s some other reasons why the hospital is a great place to work.
NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital, located in Cortlandt Manor, next to the City of Peekskill is just a one hour ride to New York City. Major highways and public transportation make it easy to get to NYC and its art galleries, theatres on Broadway and great shopping. There is also easy access to major international and domestic airports.
Westchester County is one of the most attractive places to live and work. A fine transportation network, a superior quality of life, top notch education and health care systems, and a short drive to Manhattan make it highly desirable. Quaint villages and thriving urban centers offer cultural activities, museums, restaurants and historic sites. The majestic Hudson River offers many recreational opportunities. You will find higher education choices in many colleges in Westchester as well as in major universities in New York City.
Who We Are
Founded in 1889 by the Helping Hand Association, NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital joined the NewYork-Presbyterian Regional Hospital Network in 2015 and serves residents of the Hudson Valley and Westchester County. The 128-bed facility provides a wide range of ambulatory care and inpatient services with 420 physicians on staff in 62 specialties. Here is a summary of some of our services:
- Our No-Wait Emergency Department has earned us a reputation for more than a decade of being the most advanced and compassionate emergency care. Our specially trained and accredited physicians and award-winning Magnet nurses are ready to deliver quality emergency care 24-hours-a-day, 365 days a year. Leading the way, we became the first in the region to open a No-Wait ED, offering bedside registration so patients can see a medical practitioner within 10 minutes. We are also a designated stroke center.
- The Maternity Center provides mothers with top-quality, personalized care for each birth experience. Expert medical staff, plus the hospital’s Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and neonatologists are on hand for the safety and security of mother and baby. The hospital offers deliveries by obstetricians and midwives, and welcomes doulas. NYP/Hudson Valley is the only hospital in the region to be certified "Baby Friendly" by Baby Friendly USA and the World Health Organization in recognition of superior care. A program facilitated by The Maternity Center’s Lactation Consultant provides ongoing education and support.
- The Cheryl R. Lindenbaum Comprehensive Cancer Center offers all cancer-relatedservices in one location, including radiation, infusion and support services. Highly accredited practitioners, including from ColumbiaDoctors, the faculty practice of Columbia University Medical Center, treat a complete and comprehensive array of cancers, including the lung, breast, prostate, colorectal, stomach, blood and most common cancers. Adjacent to our Cancer Center is the Ashikari Breast Center. Along with the physicians in the New York Group for Plastic Surgery, they are the experts in breast reconstruction. In January 2015, the Ashikari Breast Center at NYP/HVH received a three-year full accreditation from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancers (NAPBC), administered by the American College of Surgeons that recognizes the highest quality programs in the nation.
- Our Wound Care Center, more formally known as The Institute for Wound Care & Hyperbaric Medicine, earned a 2014 Re-Accreditation with Distinction from the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, the nation’s leading authority on hyperbaric medicine. This speaks to the excellent level of care we provide to our patients suffering from chronic wounds, which require specialized care and sometimes hyperbaric oxygen treatments in our state-of-the-art facility.
- The Centers for Rehabilitation provide physical and occupational therapies at our Cortlandt Manor campus, and PT at satellite locations in Croton-on-Hudson and Cold Spring. With advanced certifications and training, our physical and occupational therapists are highly skilled in treating a variety of conditions with a very personalized approach. Adjacent to our Cortlandt Manor rehabilitation services is The Wellness Center, a state-of-the-art fitness center which is open to the public. Exercise specialists and fitness trainers will develop an individualized plan just for you. A varied daily schedule of morning, evening and weekend classes are available.
A Successful Career in A “Magnet” Hospital
In 2007 NewYork-Presbyterian/Hudson Valley Hospital was the first hospital in a seven-county region to attain the highly coveted Magnet™ designation from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Magnet™ designation is granted only to hospitals that undergo a rigorous, voluntary evaluation that must have the support of executive leadership. Magnet™ designation is the highest national recognition The hospital was recertified in 2012, and the staff is currently working toward recertification for 2016.
To learn of employment opportunities for nurses, please go to the CAREERS section of the hospital’s website at nyp.org/hudsonvalley.